When submitting a carpet, for online evaluation it would be most helpful if you could provide:
1) Provenance: The item's history and where you obtained it from and type of carpet.
2) Measurements/dimensions in either inches or centimeters.
3) Digital photographs giving the front view and back view.
4) Do you know if it is hand wooven (handmade). Easy way to tell is to fold it in half and if it is perfectly symmetric than it is most likely machine made.
5) If handmade can you estimate the knot count (knot counts range from about 150-650 per square inch) - or at least give a good picture showing the knots with a inch ruler beside it